Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links August 4, 2013
Post Header Text
- Jets Waive Jordan White
According to Kimberley Martin, the Jets have waived Jordan White. #Jets waived WR Jordan White…He's expected to get surgery (sports hernia, I was told) #nyj — Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI) August 4, 2013 Jordan White's surgery (sports hernia) is scheduled for Tuesday. #jets — Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI) August 4, 2013 White was a 7th […]
- Sunday notes: The book on Woody
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Checking out the Jets:
1. Life of a billionaire: ESPNNewYork.com has obtained excerpts of Jerry Oppenheimer’s soon-to-be-released book on Jets owner Woody Johnson, entitled, “Crazy Rich: Power, Scandal and Tragedy Inside the Johnson & Johnson Dynasty.” Salacious aspects of his personal life already have been leaked to newspapers. We’ll stick mostly to the football-related stuff, although I have to say there are no bombshells with regard to the Jets.
- Green And White Notes: Continued
As we mentioned in this post, Tom Shane was at the Green and White Scrimmage. He provided additional thoughts on what he saw, which appear below: –Greg McElroy has impressive poise and confidence in his throws. He was really the only quarterback out there that looked like he had a pre-snap plan of where he […]
- The Snap: Training camp, Day 11
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The Jets are off Sunday. The coaches will use the day to evaluate Saturday night’s scrimmage, perhaps tweaking the depth chart before returning Monday morning to the practice field.
Some issues surrounding the team:
1. Mark vs. Geno: Based on the current quarterback rotation, Mark Sanchez will lead the starters Monday and Tuesday, Geno Smith on Wednesday. The coaches, of course, could tweak the rotation, based on which quarterback they plan to start in the first preseason game, next Friday in Detroit.
- Can Bilal Powell Be The # 1 RB?
When the Jets acquired running back Chris Ivory this off-season he was immediately placed at the top of the depth chart. Mike Goodson was signed and many believed that Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight would have to fight for a roster spot. A few things have changed in the first week of camp: Mike Goodson […]
- Green And White Recap
Tom Shane was at the Green and White scrimmage and did an excellent job of recapping the action live. Definitely check out that thread for a near play-by-play recap of the scrimmage. Tom also wrote up a brief recap of his observations which appear below: The Jets played their Green and White Scrimmage tonight. Here […]
- Jets Green & White Scrimmage Recap
There Were a Number of Big Plays on Both Sides of the Ball & the Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith Battle Remains Tight.
- Green & White Scrimmage: Sights and Sounds
2013 Green & White Scrimmage: Sights and Sounds – Snapshots of a Memorable Night at SUNY Cortland.
- Notes: Powell, McElroy sparkle
CORTLAND, N.Y. — With Chris Ivory nursing a hamstring injury, and with Joe McKnight suffering from concussion-like symptoms, Bilal Powell stepped into a featured role and responded with a terrific performance Saturday night in the Jets’ annual Green & White scrimmage.
Powell rushed for 41 yards on six carries, including a 24-yard run that he nearly broke for a touchdown. He might have been the best player on offense.
“I was okay, still got room for improvement,” Powell said.
- Analysis: Start Geno in Detroit
CORTLAND, N.Y. — After seven practices and one controlled scrimmage, the New York Jets’ quarterback competition is too close to call.
Rookie Geno Smith continued his steady play Saturday night in the annual Green & White scrimmage, and Mark Sanchez salvaged an otherwise forgettable night with a brilliant, 57-yard touchdown strike to Stephen Hill. Sanchez has nine lives. Just when you’re ready to write him off, he gives you a moment that makes you believe it can be 2010 all over again.
- New York Jets Green/White Scrimmage Recap
Quick recap of the New York Jets Green/White Scrimmage
- Reax: Green & White features Butt Stumble
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The New York Jets conducted their annual Green & White scrimmage Saturday night at SUNY Cortland. Here are some quick observations:
What it means: There were some nice individual performances, especially by some of the unheralded running backs and wide receivers, but the glaring takeaway from the night was the Jets still have issues at quarterback. Mark Sanchez delivered a mostly Sanchez-ian performance (until the final play) and rookie Geno Smith didn’t play as well as hoped.
- Best of Bill Parcells’ Pro Football Hall of Fame speech
Look back at some of the best moments of coach Bill Parcells’ 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement speech.
- Green & White Scrimmage Live Updates
Be sure to check out our live updates from the Green and White Scrimmage. Click on the last page if you want to see the most recent updates: NY Jets Green and White Scrimmage thread.
- Bill Parcells: ‘I miss the preparation’
2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Bill Parcells tells Stacey Dales what he misses the most about coaching and also how he prepared for Saturday’s enshrinement ceremony.