Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links August 3, 2013
Post Header Text
- W2W4: Green & White scrimmage
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The highlight of training camp occurs at 6 p.m. Saturday at the SUNY Cortland football stadium — the Jets’ annual Green & White scrimmage, open to the public. What to watch for:
1. Best on best: With so many jobs undecided, the Jets will play first-team offense versus first-team defense for portions of the controlled scrimmage, according to Rex Ryan. Usually, they try to avoid that to keep the intensity level under control, preventing injuries, but Ryan is in a heavy evaluation mode and wants extreme competition on both sides of the ball.
- Green And White Scrimmage
The Jets will hold their annual green and white scrimmage on Saturday at 6pm. The scrimmage is played under game situations, with actual NFL referees and a play clock. The scrimmage will be the first real test for many Jets. Here is a video preview from the NY Jets. Rex Ryan was asked if the […]
- Dee Milliner On Camp
Dee Milliner was asked some questions after practice on Friday. On if Antonio Cromartie has been helpful… Oh yeah, very much. He’s one of the veterans on the team, a great DB. He always helps you out. He talks to me a lot, talks to the other DBs also. (He) just (tells us) things that […]
- What we learned on Day 9
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Observations from the press box:
1. Gotta go to Mo: From a media standpoint, DE Muhammad Wilkerson is having a relatively quiet camp. Most of the attention has focused on the quarterbacks, the running backs and the quotable pass catchers, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow. But on the field, Wilkerson is making plenty of noise. On Friday, he dominated the point of attack in a live goal-line drill. He tends to get overlooked because he doesn’t say a whole lot, but Wilkerson is one of the best players on the team and a rising star in the league.
- Amid Cooper fallout, Jets rookie reflects
CORTLAND, N.Y. — It didn’t reach the scope of the Riley Cooper controversy, but New York Jets rookie WR Ryan Spadola — formerly of Lehigh University — was suspended one game in December 2011 for forwarding a Twitter message that included a racial slur against members of the Towson University team.
On Friday, shortly after news broke that Cooper was taking a leave of absence from the Philadelphia Eagles to undergo counseling, Spadola openly discussed his mistake, the fallout and how he tried to turn it into a learning experience.
- Green & White Scrimmage Preview
2013 Green & White Scrimmage Preview – We Look Back at Highlights from Day 7 and Ahead to Saturday Night’s Scrimmage.
- Geno looking to make his move
CORTLAND, N.Y. — On the eve of the New York Jets’ Green & White scrimmage, Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith sounded like politicians campaigning before an election.
Smith, happy with his early performance in training camp, said he sees the scrimmage as an opportunity to make a statement to the coaches. The veteran Sanchez didn’t go that far, but he let everyone know he believes he’s still the right guy for the job.
“I feel like I’m having a great camp,” Sanchez told reporters Friday after practice.
- Jets Fest Highlights
Take a tour of Jets fest with Go Pro Cameras.
- Turn On The Jets 12 Pack – Green/White Scrimmage Edition
The Turn On The Jets 12 Pack preview the New York Jets Green/White Scrimmage tomorrow night