Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links July 26, 2013
Post Header Text
- Turn On The Jets 12 Pack – Day One Of Training Camp Edition
The Turn On The Jets 12 Pack with thoughts on the New York Jets kicking off training camp in Cortland
- Practice report: Nice start for QBs
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The ballyhooed quarterback competition got off to a positive start, with both Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith performing reasonably well in the first practice. Neither player committed a turnover, an all-important statistic for the turnover-plagued Jets.
As expected, Sanchez worked with the first team, taking a majority of the reps. They will alternate throughout camp. He completed seven of 10 passes (one drop) and was “sacked” twice.
- Jets Camp Notes – 07/26
The Jets first practice is officially over and it seems like the crowd in attendance was pretty small. It should mean there are fewer distractions for the Jets this year as the circus has left the tent, hopefully. Here are some notes from the first practice which was held late this morning. Chris Ivory did [...]
- New York Jets Training Camp Day 1 Highlights
- New York Jets Training Camp Battles – Cornerback Edition
Connor Rogers on the New York Jets training camp battle at the cornerback position
- Dee Milliner A No Show
New York Jets training camp is officially underway but first round draft pick Dee Milliner is not in camp. He hasn’t agreed to a contract yet, and he is a no show. Rex Ryan was asked when he expected Milliner to practice and he said, “I don’t think he’s done the physical or anything yet.” [...]
- Nick Mangold has to be the most relaxed Jet on the Team
- New York Jets – Examining Rex Ryan’s Tenure As Head Coach
Dalbin Osorio examines the job done by New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan through his first four years. Will this be his last?
- The snap: Training camp, Day 2
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Finally, football.
The Jets practice Friday for the first time, from 10 a.m. to noon at SUNY-Cortland — open to the public. They will practice in shells for the first two days, easing in before going to full pads on Sunday.
1. Quarterbacks: The Mark Sanchez-Geno Smith competition will be the headline act in Ryan’s fifth camp. The coaches expect Smith, lackluster in spring drills, to make a huge leap in training camp.
- Rex Ryan: ‘I Think We’ll Win’
Living for the Present, the Jets HC is Not Looking Back
- Braylon Edwards and the Jets Arrive at Camp
Raw Exclusive Footage of the Players arrive at Training Camp in Cortland, NY.
- Jets Training Camp Photo Gallery
JetNation.com will have plenty of professional photos from NY Jets training camp. Be sure to check out our Jets Camp photo gallery which has some players checking in to camp on Thursday. We will update it with pictures from practice on Friday and throughout training camp. New York Jets tickets for every home game of [...]
- Jets Camp Notes – 07/25
Here are some notes from New York Jets training camp. The first practice is on Friday at 10am. Santonio Holmes Rex Ryan says that Holmes will be in Cortland but he doesn’t know when he will be cleared to practice. “You know, I’m not sure when he’s going to be cleared but I will say [...]
- Rex Ryan On Sanchez\Smith
The Jets reported to training camp this afternoon and they will hold their first practice on Friday at 10am. John Idzik spent the off-season tweaking the roster and there are more questions than answers right now. One question that did get answered yesterday was that Santonio Holmes will not be ready for the beginning of [...]
- What we learned on Day 1
CORTLAND, N.Y. — A few thoughts from the press box on the opening of training camp:
1. Handwriting on the wall?: Not to be a Danny Downer or anything, but if you believe in reading tea leaves it’s hard not to be concerned about the offense. Santonio Holmes isn’t close to returning (I hear he could miss the entire preseason, maybe more), Mike Goodson didn’t report to camp for an undisclosed reason and Joe McKnight flunked his conditioning test. Mind you, this is an offense that may struggle under ideal conditions.
- Bad start for McKnight
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Two months ago, Joe McKnight issued a defiant response when asked if he was worried about his place on the roster, claiming, “They’re gonna have to kill me to take my spot.”
Turns out that he could be hurting himself.
Before leaving for Cortland, the Jets held their conditioning test in Florham Park — and McKnight flunked, according to a source. As a result, he was placed on the non-football injury list. As soon as he passes the test, he’ll be activated.
- Milliner still waiting on contract
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson arrived in Cortland and expressed relief that his contract was completed in time, while cornerback Dee Milliner hasn’t yet signed and won’t join the team at SUNY-Cortland until he does.
Milliner was present during the offseason training program, although he is rehabbing a shoulder injury and didn’t practice with the team. CB Antonio Cromartie didn’t think Milliner’s absence would have a long-term impact on his career.
- Goodson a no-show on Day 1
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Mike Goodson, facing drug and weapon charges stemming from a May arrest in New Jersey, didn’t report to training camp Thursday and was placed on the reserve/did not report list.
In a text to ESPNNewYork.com, Goodson’s agent, Kennard McGuire, said: “Mike is addressing a few personal matters. John Idzik and the Jets are aware and are supportive.”
The team released a brief statement from Rex Ryan, which also didn’t shed much light on the situation.
- Jets Players Arrive in Cortland for Training Camp
- New York Jets Therapy Sessions: PTSD – Post Tebow Stress Disorder
Cole Patterson continues his New York Jets Therapy Sessions with a look at Post-Tebow Stress Disorder
- Rex on Starting Roles as Competition Heats Up
New York Jets coach Rex Ryan talks about how all starting positions are up for grabs.