Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links July 25, 2013
Post Header Text
- 45-Day New York Jets Warning – Welcome To Cortland
Counting down the reasons to be excited about the New York Jets 2013 season…training camp is here!
- Exclusive Interview With Former Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum
JetNation Podcast: Hosts Dennis Agapito and Tyson Rauch had an opportunity to ask Mike Tannenbaum, Jets general manager from 2006-2012, some questions: Given he drafted Mark Sanchez what is his analysis of the Jets current quarterback competition and can Geno Smith be the week one starter? He also provided insight on the members of the [...]
- Braylon Edwards Saga: Return of the Beard
Cole Patterson breaks down the return of New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards
- Jets Nation: Cromartie Offseason Workouts Part 3
SNY: Jets Nation – Offseason Workouts with Cromartie – Part Three as Jeane Coakley travels to California to check in on Antonio Cromartie’s offseason workouts.
- Jets Sign First Round Pick DL Sheldon Richardson
With training camp set to open today for the New York Jets it is being reported that the team has signed defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson one of their two first round picks. Richardson received a four year contract with a team option for a fifth year worth approximately $10 million fully guaranteed. It is not [...]
- The Snap: Training camp, Day 1
Year 5 of the Rex Ryan era begins in 3 … 2 … 1 …
On Thursday, the Jets report to training camp at SUNY-Cortland, where they trained in 2009, 2010 and 2012. (In 2011, they stayed in Florham Park, N.J., because of the lockout.) They break camp Aug. 14.
While in Cortland, they will conduct 14 practices plus the annual Green & White scrimmage on Aug. 3. The first practice is Friday, from 10 a.m. to noon (open to the public). The first two practices are in shells; the players won’t be in full pads until Sunday.
- Analysis: Braylon’s back — again
Thoughts and observations on WR Braylon Edwards, who is planning to sign a one-year contract, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter:
1. Desperation: Why not? Obviously, a 30-year-old receiver with only 33 catches over the last two seasons isn’t a savior, but he will upgrade a young and beat up receiving corps that was neglected in the offseason by new GM John Idzik. Edwards was the Jets’ most productive receiver over the final three games last year — 10 catches.
- Jets Set To Welcome Back Braylon Edwards
Earlier today the Jets placed Santonio Holmes on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list and there has been a lot of speculation about the team resigning Braylon Edwards. That rumor seems to be coming true. Free-agent WR Braylon Edwards plans to sign a one-year deal with Jets, per ESPN source. He soon will be [...]
- Both first-round picks still unsigned
UPDATE: First-round pick Sheldon Richardson is expected to be in training camp Thursday, a source confirmed Wednesday night, meaning he’s on the verge of finalizing a contract. It will be a four-year deal for $10.05 million, fully guaranteed.
The Jets face the prospect of opening training camp Thursday without their two first-round picks, CB Dee Milliner (No. 9 overall) and DT Sheldon Richardson (No. 13), both of whom were unsigned as of Wednesday night.
- Turn On The Jets Roundtable – Training Camp Prediction Edition
The Turn On The Jets staff gives their predictions for New York Jets training camp