Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links June 12, 2013
Post Header Text
- Santonio Holmes won’t commit to playing Week 1 vs. Buccaneers
Shares thoughts on Revis, Sanchez, Tebow, Stephen Hill
- JTL Holmes: Tone on the Mend
Jets Talk Live: After a Devastating Lisfranc Injury, Jets WR Sets His Sights on an On-Field Return. Part 1 of 2.
- Rex: Winslow’s skill ‘jumps out at you’
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Kellen Winslow has already made an impression on Jets coach Rex Ryan. From the very first play, Ryan noticed the tight end, who is on a three-day tryout with the Jets.
#82 TENew England Patriots2012 STATS
YAC2“The one thing that jumps out at you is his skill and athleticism,” Ryan said. That’s something that jumps out at you, that he still has that and from the very first play that he’s in there, you can still see that.
- Dennis Thurman & What He Brings to the New York Jets Coaching Staff
Dalbin Osorio breaks down what Dennis Thurman brings to the New York Jets coaching staff now that he’s the defensive coordinator.
- 6/12 Rex: "It’s Exciting to See Our Preparation"
Head Coach Rex Ryan addresses the media before minicamp practice on 6/12/13 at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.
- 89-Day New York Jets Warning – The Promise Of Geno Smith
Counting down the days until the Jets season starts with reasons to be excited for 2013…the promise of Geno Smith
- JetNation Podcast: Minicamp Practice Analysis (Sanchez vs. Smith)
JetNation Radio hosts Dennis Agapito, Tyson Rauch and Ron Pickett went over their firsthand account of minicamp practice. A full overview of practice along with many of the JetNation faithful called in and gave their opinion on the team: The quarterback competition was analyzed as Mark Sanchez was inconsistent. Tryout players tight end Kellen Winslow [...]
- Kellen Winslow’s 1st Day
The NY Jets invited tight end Kellen Winslow to minicamp so that they could get a first hand look at him and determine if he can help their offense. He had a good first day of practice, Dennis Agapito wrote: Recently invited tryout tight end Kellen Winslow was impressive during the practice. He ran well [...]
- What we learned on Day 1 of minicamp
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Quick takeaways from the first day of mandatory minicamp:
1. Marty likes the deep ball: New OC Marty Mornhinweg runs a West Coast system, which means he gets labeled as a coach whose offense is predicated on quick, short passes. To a large extent, that’s how he operates, but Mornhinweg, by his own admission, likes to take deep shots more than his West Coast brethren. That philosophy was on display Tuesday. In the 7-on-7 drill, quarterbacks Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith attacked downfield with several long passes.
- Day One: Minicamp Report – Sanchez Struggles
Today was the first day of the New York Jets mandatory minicamp and as usual the quarterback competition took center stage. It appeared from the opening throws that Geno Smith was heading for a better practice then Mark Sanchez. Smith’s passes were crisp, had more zip and he looked more comfortable within his progressions. Sanchez [...]
- Does it Make you Less of a Jets fan if you Keep Talking about Tebow?
- Winslow, Sims-Walker Begin Tryouts
Florham Park, NJ- To say the Jets aren’t stacked with receiver and tight end talent would be a huge understatement and that’s exactly why John Idzik continued his bargain shopping by extending tryout invitations to Mike Sims-Walker and Kellen Winslow.
With Santonio Holmes likely out until some point during training camp, Stephen Hill still working through some [...]
- Hill: Knee better, Holmes helping out
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — At least one of the Jets wide receivers appeared to be on the mend after the first practice of the Jets mandatory minicamp. Stephen Hill, now in his second year with the team, said that his knee was feeling much better. It had been wrapped during practice as a measure of caution, but held up well even though he had experienced some swelling earlier in OTAs.
“Yeah, [the swelling has] definitely gone down,” Hill said. “We just made sure we taped it up a little bit, make sure everything’s stable, no swelling’s going to happen today.
- Tebow speaks: A lot and a little
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Tim Tebow’s first media gathering as a member of the Patriots was a stark contrast to his introductory news conference with the Jets. Consider:
JETS NEWS CONFERENCE (MARCH 26, 2012)
Setting: On a raised platform inside the team’s field house
Dress: Lime-green suit
Duration: 32 minutes
Media questions: 31
Tebow reponses: 4,322 words
Number of times he used the word “excited”: 45
PATRIOTS NEWS CONFERENCE (JUNE 11, 2013 …
- Kellen Winslow 1-on-1
Veteran TE Kellen Winslow Has a Productive Start at Minicamp.