Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links April 23, 2013
Post Header Text
- Inside Scouting with JoJo Wooden
In his 16th NFL Season, Jets Assistant Director of Player Personnel Plays Critical Roles in Pro Scouting & College Scouting
- New York Jets Perfect World Draft
Mike Donnelly gives the New York Jets best case scenario for the 9th and 13th pick
- ‘Game of Thrones’ author rips Jets
The Darrelle Revis trade has generated plenty of debate among Jets fans. One of them, author George R.R. Martin, believes the Jets made a huge mistake and that GM John Idzik should be fired.
Some of you may know Martin wrote “A Song of Ice and Fire,” fantasy novels that HBO turned into the popular series, “Games of Thrones.” He was born in Bayonne, N.J., which probably explains his devotion to the Jets.
On his personal blog, dated April 21, he writes about the Revis deal.
- Turn On The Jets Live Mock Draft
The Turn On The Jets staff has a live mock draft, follow right here or on Twitter
- Jets Call-In Only Show Live 4/23 at 8pm, Vent About Revis, Sanchez or Anything Jets
JetNation “We Want You” to call in live (646) 716-4697 on April 23 @8pm and give your opinions on our New York Jets. Join hosts Dennis Agapito and Tyson Rauch for a special “caller appreciation” episode of JetNation Radio. Phone lines will be open all show long so tell us how you feel about the [...]
- Draft preview: Linebacker
This is the eighth installment in a position-by-position analysis of the Jets as they prepare for the draft:
Depth chart: Inside — David Harris, Demario Davis, Josh Mauga, Nick Bellore, Danny Lansanah, JoJo Dickson; Outside — Antwan Barnes, Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, Ricky Sapp.
Departures: Bart Scott (released), Bryan Thomas (unsigned).
Total salary-cap charge (positional rank): $18.83 million (3rd)
Scouting report: The Jets re-signed Pace, but they still need a pass-rushing outside ‘backer.
- It’s official: Pace is back
Veteran LB Calvin Pace, released by the Jets in a February salary-cap purge, re-signed with the team on Monday, the team announced. No surprise, of course, as Pace agreed to terms last week.
Pace signed a one-year contract. No word yet on the exact terms.
This allows the Jets to go into Thursday’s draft with two starting-caliber outside linebackers on the roster, Pace and Antwan Barnes, a free-agent pick up. It reduces the sense of urgency, but there’s still a good chance they will address the position with one of their two first-round picks, Oregon’s Dion Jordan (if he slips) or LSU’s Barkevious Mingo.
- 2013 NFL Draft – Positional Rankings: Inside Linebacker
Chris Gross ranks the top 10 inside linebacker prospects in this year’s NFL Draft.
- McShay’s post-trade mock
ESPN analyst Todd McShay, responding to the Darrelle Revis trade, updated his mock draft to reflect the Jets’ two first-round picks. Here you go:
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jaguars: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4. Eagles: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
5. Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6. Browns: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
7. Cardinals: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
8. Bills: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse