Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links April 16, 2013
Post Header Text
- 2013 NFL Draft – Positional Rankings: Defensive End
Chris Gross ranks the top 10 defensive ends in this year’s NFL Draft.
- Offseason Schedule (Dates To Remember)
Offseason workouts started yesterday, April 15. Workouts are voluntary. The NFL Draft starts Thursday, April 25. Only round one will be Thursday and will be broadcast live on ESPN starting at 8 p.m. Rounds two and three will be the next day starting at 6:30 p.m. and will also be broadcast on ESPN. Rounds four [...]
- ESPN.com 2013 draft guide
- NFL Draft 2013 – Turn On The Jets Mike Nolan Mock Draft 1.0
Turn On The Jets Draft Writer Mike Nolan submits his predictions for the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft
- Analyzing the D: Rebuilding is the theme
Four years ago, the Jets had a ball on defense, blitzing and confusing opponents on their way to the No. 1 ranking in the NFL. These days, it’s all about a different kind of ball — the wrecking ball.
Since the end of the season, they cut three starters and lost three in free agency. One starter returned Tuesday, with the re-signing of OLB Calvin Pace. In the coming days, they may trade shutdown corner Darrelle Revis to the Bucs, leaving a barely recognizable unit.
- Pace is back: All about dollars and sense
Quick takeaways on the Jets re-signing OLB Calvin Pace to a one-year contract:
1. Never say goodbye: Pace is an example of how the NFL works nowadays. One day you’re a salary-cap casualty, two months later you’re back. Pace was part of the Feb. 19 purge, which also claimed Bart Scott, Eric Smith and Jason Smith. The Jets were in cap hell and Pace had to go because of an $11.6 million cap charge. They absorbed the cap hit ($3 million in “dead” money) and let him test the market.
- Jets Resign OLB Calvin Pace
According to ESPN’s NFL reporter Adam Schefter the New York Jets have brought linebacker Calvin Pace back after releasing him earlier this year: Jets bringing back LB Calvin Pace on a one-year deal. — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 16, 2013 Pace a ten-year NFL veteran had played for the Jets since the 2008 season. Going [...]
- New York Jets To Re-sign OLB Calvin Pace
The New York Jets have reportedly agreed to terms with recently released OLB Calvin Pace on a one year deal. While this move may not be entirely popular among Jets fans, bringing Pace back without long term ties is a sensible move for a variety of reasons. While Pace has seen his pass rushing abilities …
- Jets draft preview: Running back
This is the second installment in a position-by-position analysis of the Jets as they prepare for the draft:
Position: Running back
Depth chart: Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell, Lex Hilliard (FB), Joe McKnight, John Griffin.
Departures: Shonn Greene (Titans).
Total salary-cap charge (Positional rank): $4.08 million (7th)
Scouting report: Barring a late addition of significance, the Jets will go into the season without a 1,000-yard rusher for the first time since 1994.
- Sanchez speaks, discusses QB comp
On the first day of the offseason program, Mark Sanchez spoke to reporters for the first time in three months. Some of the highlights:
On last week’s trade rumor involving the Bucs: “I don’t know what to say. That’s more of an upstairs question. I’m not really worried about that.”
On having to battle for his job in an open competition: “I know Mr. (John) Idzik and Rex are big on competition and that was really the theme heading into this year — and I completely understand that.