Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links September 26, 2012
Post Header Text
- The Tape Don’t Lie w/ JETSerious
Each Wednesday moving forward, JETSerious will bring you inside the film room and evaluate the Jets game from that week. We will dive into 4 plays per week, analyzing 2 good and 2 bad. We’ll dissect the coach’s film (courtesy of NFL Rewind), and discuss what the Jets need to do to prepare for their [...]
- McKnight in green of defense at practice
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Joe McKnight was on the Jets’ practice field in a green No. 25 jersey, indicating that he really is moving to defense. He practiced with his new group, the defensive backs, after coach Rex Ryan confirmed the Jets were going to convert him into a cornerback in the wake of a season-ending injury to Pro Bowl corner Darrelle Revis.
Also notable was a new running back, Jonathan Grimes, wearing the while No. 21 most recently belonging to LaDainian Tomlinson.
- Rex admits clock-management faux pas
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Rex Ryan admitted Wednesday that he failed to use his timeouts properly at the end of the first half in the Jets’ overtime win over the Dolphins.
The Dolphins got the ball at their own 7 with 1:44 on the clock. Ryan had all three timeouts as his disposal, but he let the Dolphins burn precious time off the clock by not using his first timeout until it was fourth-and-12 with 47 seconds left.
“As it turned out, hindsight being 20/20, I probably should’ve used them and forced them to punt,” Ryan said.
- New York Jets Week 4 – Early Thoughts On Jets/49ers
Early thoughts on the New York Jets week 4 match-up against the San Francisco 49ers
- Jets Sign CB Donnie Fletcher to Practice Squad
Courtesy NY Jets PR Department The New York Jets have signed CB Donnie Fletcher to the practice squad. The announcement was made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. Fletcher (CB/6-1/195/Boston College/Cleveland, OH) was waived by the Jets (09/24/12) after they signed him from their practice squad (09/22/12). He originally joined the Jets as an undrafted free [...]
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
Welcome to back to our weekly Free Agent Frenzy Fantasy Football waiver wire list pickups, I will try to only list guys who should be available in 10-12 team leagues. The pickings are quite slim but here are a few guys to take a chance on. Let’s get to this week’s list: Average Size Leagues [...]
- 9/26 Rex: "We’re Going to Need our Fans"
Head Coach Rex Ryan says playing at home will help against an outstanding 49ers team
- Inside the Jets: Nick Folk
Jets K Breaks Down the Game-Winner in Miami
- Inside the Jets: Santonio Holmes
Tone Wasn’t Contained in South Florida
- Turn On The Jets Offensive Film Breakdown – Jets vs. Dolphins
Turn On The Jets offensive film breakdown from the Jets week 3 win against the Miami Dolphins
- Scouting Report: Early look at the 49ers
A quick take on the Jets’ upcoming opponent, the 49ers (2-1):
1. The 49ers will arrive at MetLife Stadium after a brutal 24-13 loss to the Vikings — arguably the worst loss under Jim Harbaugh. They allowed 146 rushing yards (the previous high under Harbaugh was 124) and committed three turnovers (previous high: two).
2. To help get acclimated to East Coast time, the 49ers went from Minneapolis to Youngstown, Ohio, where they will practice for the week.
- Testaverde knows about phantom TDs
Vinny Testaverde knows all about bad calls in games involving the Seahawks, and he believes the Monday night debacle was worse than the blunder he benefitted from in 1998.
“A lot of people think the play back in ’98 was responsible for bringing in instant replay,” the former Jets QB told ESPNNewYork.com Tuesday night. “Well, even with instant replay, these guys got it wrong (Monday night). It’s pretty bad when you can’t get it right with instant replay.
- A Bush-league comment from Reggie?
You think the Oct. 28 Jets-Dolphins rematch will be intense, or what?
On Tuesday, Dolphins RB Reggie Bush told a South Florida radio station that the Jets got what they deserved, referring to Darrelle Revis’ season-ending knee injury.
“It’s like the old saying, ‘What goes around comes around,’” Bush said on The Paul and Young Ron Show. “They talked about all week about putting hot sauce and this and that, and they ended up losing their best player for the rest of the season.
- Reggie Bush On Revis’ Injury: ‘What Goes Around Comes Around’
- Stephen Hill Tweets “I Give It 100%” ; Attends Signing for Fans
- Film study: Where’s the pass rush?
If the Jets want to succeed without injured CB Darrelle Revis, they need to rush the passer a lot better than they did Sunday in Miami. In 36 dropbacks by rookie QB Ryan Tannehill, they recorded zero sacks and only two QB hits.
After three games, the Jets have only three sacks — two by LB Garrett McIntyre, one by NT Sione Po’uha. They need more production out of their primary rushers, namely DE Muhammad Wilkerson and OLB Aaron Maybin.
Curiously, they didn’t blitz that much against the Dolphins.