Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links August 24, 2012
Post Header Text
- Tim Tebow On The Wildcat
On practice this week … I feel like it’s been a really good week. I feel like we’ve done some things really well. We’ve gotten better every day. I feel like as we’re getting ready for this game against Carolina, we’ll be prepared to go out there and execute and hopefully do some good things. [...]
- Practice report: Rex not happy, DeVito hurt
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — The Jets conducted their final public practice before a large crowd (estimated: 2,000) Friday at their team facility. This was largely a game-preparation practice, with the first-team offense and first-team defense working against scout teams in preparation for Sunday night’s game against the Panthers.
Rex Ryan addressed the team at the start of practice, later explaining that he told the players he was concerned with chippiness — late hits, contact after the whistle, etc.
- PRESEASON PREVIEW: Carolina Panthers @ NY Jets
After failing to score a touchdown in their second preseason game, the only team in the NFL to not reach the end zone thus far, Jets head coach Rex Ryan re-assured everyone that it was not time to panic — yet. With a sudden changing of the guard to the team’s offensive line, switching starting [...]
- Rex: "Looks Like Holmes is Gonna Play"
Coach Ryan discusses the state of the team’s injuries as the next preseason game quickly approaches
- Jets vs. Panthers – Turn On The Jets 12 Pack of Predictions
12 predictions for the New York Jets third pre-season game against the Carolina Panthers
- W2W4: Jets vs. Panthers
The Jets (0-2) face the Panthers (1-1) Sunday night at MetLife Stadium, a national game on NBC. America gets to see if the Jets, who have turned the end zone into a no-fly zone, can actually score a touchdown in the preseason. Oh, the drama.
Five things to watch:
1. Oh-for-the-preseason? The Jets figured to experience growing pains in Tony Sparano’s system, but they didn’t think they’d still be looking for their first touchdown in the third game.
- New York Jets Offense – How To Use Their Weapons
Joe Caporoso and TJ Rosenthal on how the New York Jets can get the most out of Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley and Joe McKnight
- Morning wake-up call: Day 30
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — We’ve reached the end of training camp. Friday’s practice, which is again open to the public, is the end of the road.
The Jets have no media availability on Saturday, and then will play their third (and most important) preseason game Sunday night at MetLife Stadium, against the Carolina Panthers.
The Friday schedule:
11:20 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (approx.) — Practice
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. — Media availability in locker room
- Revis Hosting NFL Fantasy Football Draft for Fans
- Newly Promoted Austin Howard Tweets to Jets Nation
- Three things we learned on Day 29
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Observations from Thursday:
1. Austin Howard, welcome to the spotlight. Rex Ryan finally pulled the trigger on Thursday, demoting starting right tackle Wayne Hunter and elevating Howard. As Rich Cimini wrote, it was the right move — but is Howard, with four NFL regular-season starts under his belt, ready for the big show? All eyes will be on him Sunday night against the Carolina Panthers.
2. Things are looking up at wide receiver.
- Practice report: Another action-packed day
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — There was action before, during and after practice on Thursday here at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.
Before practice, coach Rex Ryan revealed that Wayne Hunter has lost his starting job at right tackle in favor of Austin Howard.
After practice, Santonio Holmes declared himself fit to play Sunday night against the Carolina Panthers.
In between, the Jets worked out for 2½ hours Thursday afternoon in front of a few hundred fans as training camp winds to a close.
- Jets Camp Report: 8/23
The Jets held training camp practice at their facility in Florham Park today here’s a recap of what went on: The news of the day was given by Coach Rex Ryan in his pre-practice press conference that Austin Howard would be taking the starting right tackle position from the embattled Wayne Hunter. Coach Ryan said [...]
- New York Jets Fact Or False: Preseason Week 3 Edition
Chris Gross weekly Fact or False previews the Jets third pre-season game against the Carolina Panthers
- NFLN: Sanchez – ‘We’re in a really good spot.’
New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez talks to the media about his new right tackle and a struggling Jets offense.