Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links August 16, 2012
Post Header Text
- Injury Update 8/16: WR – Jordan White
Round seven pick rookie wide receiver Jordan White has swelling in his knee and may not play in the upcoming preseason game (9/18) against the Giants. Rookie Jordan White developed knee swelling and might not play Saturday night against the Giants. White led college football Division 1-A in receptions and yards during his final season [...]
- JI Radio Podcast shot TONIGHT 8-10 pm!!
Don’t miss out on another JetsInsider Radio Show tonight from 8-10 pm! We have a great show lined up host by Jim “MoJo” Morrison and our very own Wesley Sykes. Got a question? Call in at (347)-237-4226! The link to listen in on BlogTalk Radio: http://t.co/ixwTeSau.
Joining Jim and Wesley at roughly 8:15 p.m. will be [...]
- New York Jets Fact Or False: Preseason Week 2 Edition
Chris Gross weekly Fact or False previews the New York Jets pre-season game against the New York Giants
- Three things we learned on Day 22
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Observations from Thursday:
1. The Jets are desperate for a home-run hitter. Why else would they be infatuated by Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps, the former Florida RB? Demps can fly (duh), but we’re not talking about a blue-chip talent here. One personnel executive told me Demps would’ve been a seventh-round pick if he had declared for the draft instead of pursuing the Olympics. In four seasons at Florida, he rushed for 2,470 yards and a 6.
- Tebow shocked by GQ cover
CORTLAND, N.Y. — From Day 1, Tim Tebow was the headline in Cortland. In a way, it ended the way it began, him explaining a topless photo.
Tebow appears on the cover of the current issue of GQ magazine, which also includes a shirtless picture of the Jets’ backup QB from his University of Florida days. Tebow insisted he had no idea the magazine was going to put him on the cover.
“Most of you knew I was on there before I knew, so it’s kind of a shocker for me,” he told reporters Thursday after the final practice in Cortland.
- Rex report: WR corps is M.A.S.H unit
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Add a new injury to the Jets’ already banged-up receiving corps: Rookie Jordan White developed knee swelling and might not play Saturday night against the Giants.
“I was feeling good about him and then his knee swells up,” Rex Ryan said Thursday in his final Cortland news conference. “That group over there is a M.A.S.H unit, there’s no doubt about that.”
To recap: Santonio Holmes (rib), Jeremy Kerley (hamstring) and Chaz Schilens (ankle) are out, leaving Patrick Turner, rookie Stephen Hill and Dexter Jackson as their top receivers.
- New York Jets: Make or Break Year For Dustin Keller
This is a make or break year for New York Jets tight end Dustin Keller
- Practice report: Another look at the Wildcat
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The Jets conducted their final practice in Cortland, a closed-to-the-public session in which they practiced the Wildcat package for the second time in three days.
Due to restrictions imposed by the team, which was operating within league rules, the media weren’t allowed to report details of the Wildcat. This time, there wasn’t as much fuss, and there wasn’t as much paranoia by the Jets.
Other practice notes:
TOUGH DAY FOR TIM: Backup QB Tim Tebow ended camp with one of his worst days — 2-for-10, with an interception and four sacks.
- Tebow to help recruit Demps
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The Jets are “very interested” in free-agent RB Jeff Demps, his agent told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday, and they’ve turned to an inside source for intel on the Olympic silver medalist.
Tebow and Demps played two seasons together at Florida, 2008 and 2009, and Tebow said Jets management came to him to pick his brain on his former college teammate. A few minutes before his media session on Thursday, Tebow chatted for several minutes with GM Mike Tannenbaum.
- Jets chase Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Olympic track star and former University of Florida running back Jeff Demps has drawn interest from several NFL teams, including the New York Jets, per ESPNNewYork.com
Head coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum have put a premium on improving team speed this offseason — a glaring piece missing from their 2011 [...]
- Jets Wave Goodbye to Cortland
After Three Weeks, the Team Buses will Roll Out on Friday
- 8/16 Coach Ryan News Conference
Coach Rex Ryan discusses this year’s last day of training camp at SUNY Cortland
- Sanchez on Setting the Bar High
New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez discusses his mindset on being a top 10 quarterback and fulfilling locker room expectations.
- Morning wake-up call: Day 22
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The Jets will conduct their final practice (closed) in Cortland Thursday before breaking camp and returning to Florham Park, N.J.
This marks the end of the Jets’ third summer camp in Cortland. It was a long haul, complete with Wildcat paranoia, practice fights, players sniping at each other in the media and, of course, Tebow-mania. Once again, the city of Cortland was terrific, demonstrating true hospitality.
The players will leave Cortland Friday morning, following the Thursday night rookie show.
- FanSpeak: Giants or Jets?
- Sources: Jets interested in sprinter Demps
The New York Jets are one of a number of NFL teams interested in Olympian Jeff Demps, league sources told ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday.
The former Florida running back went undrafted after he told NFL teams he planned to pursue track fulltime.
He won a silver medal at the 2012 London Games as part of the men’s 4×100 relay team. He didn’t run in the 4×100 final, where the U.S. team finished second behind Jamaica, but still received a medal for competing in the qualifying round.
- Jets Considering Olympic Sprinter/Florida Running Back Jeff Demps
According to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger the Jets have “reached out” to Olympic silver medalist sprinter Jeff Demps (4 X 100 relay). Demps played running back for the University of Florida recording 569 yards rushing with 5.8 yards-per-carry along with 25 yards-per-return on kickoffs in 2011. Going undrafted, as he chose to pursue [...]
- Turn On The Jets Stock Watch: Pre-Season Week 2 Edition
Mike Donnelly’s weekly Stock Watch is buying and selling New York Jets after their first pre-season game
- Jets Sign CB LeQuan Lewis
The Jets have announced that they have signed UDFA CB from Arizona State LeQuan Lewis. Lewis was let go by the Raiders on June 22nd and had previously spent time with the Tennessee Titans in 2011. #RL The Jets tonight announced they have signed CB LeQuan Lewis (Arizona State). — New York Jets (@nyjets) August [...]
- Three things we learned on Day 21
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Observations from Wednesday, the last public practice here:
1. Nose tackle could be an issue. Sione Po’uha claimed he’s “100 percent” confident his ailing back won’t hamper him during the season, but that might be wishful thinking. He’s 33 years old and he plays the most physically demanding position on the field. The coaches could reduce Po’uha’s playing time to save wear and tear, but here’s the problem: His backup, Kenrick Ellis, isn’t ready for a significant role.