Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links August 9, 2012
Post Header Text
- Rookie Antonio Allen Gets a Hazed Haircut
- New York Jets: What Does Mark Sanchez Need To Do In Pre-Season?
What constitues a productive pre-season for New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez?
- Slauson takes pay cut, wins job
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Now it all makes sense: The left-guard competition between Matt Slauson and Vladimir Ducasse was a complete farce.
The Jets’ objective was to put presssure on Slauson because, as we now know, they wanted him to take a pay cut. And they succeeded. According to NFLPA records, Slauson took a $258,000 pay cut last week. In exchange, he received a guaranteed roster spot.
SlausonSlauson was supposed to make $1.31 million, but his total compensation for 2012 will now be $1.
- Maybe it’s time to consider Harvin
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Should the Jets make a run at Vikings WR Percy Harvin?
That thought will be on the minds of Jets fans on Friday night as they watch their favorite team’s no-name receiving corps face the Bengals in the preseason opener. Obviously, the group would have a different look if No. 1 receiver Santonio Holmes (rib injury) were healthy, but even with him in the lineup, it’s an inexperienced unit with major questions.
#12 WRMinnesota Vikings
- Jets, Bengals Game Preview
The Green & White Start the Exhibition Season in Cinci
- New York Jets Fact Or False: Preseason Week 1 Edition
Chris Gross weekly Fact or False previews the New York Jets opening pre-season game against the Cincinnati Bengals
- Fireman Ed Shouts out his Favorite Jets Bloggers
- Morning wake-up call: Day 15
CORTLAND, N.Y. — After 10 days of practice, the Jets finally get to bust out of Cortland. The circus hits the road, as they fly to Cincinnati for Friday night’s pre-season opener against the Bengals.
There is no practice Thursday, only morning meetings and a mid-afternoon flight out of Syracuse. They will return to Cortland after the game for five more days before breaking camp and heading home to Florham Park, N.J.
- Jets Vs. Bengals: Offensive Players To Watch For
A few things to look out for in Friday night’s preseason opener against the Bengals: 1. Jordan White – The rookie WR out of WMU has impressed everyone in camp so far. After missing out on mini-camp due to a foot injury from May 2012, Jordan White has shown that he is a very efficient [...]
- Turn On The Jets Beat Writer Rankings 8/8 – NFL Edition
Turn On The Jets beat writer rankings discuss the best and worst NFL writers heading into the 2012 season
- New York Jets: What We Have Actually Learned At Training Camp
Turn On The Jets cuts through the BS coverage of the New York Jets and discuses the developments on the field
- Three things we learned on Day 14
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Takeaways from the final practice before Friday night’s preseason opener in Cincinnati:
1. Mark Sanchez is good when you give him time. In the first team period, the Jets practiced third-down situations. Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine dialed up his blitzes, sending heat on four straight plays. The pass protection was superb, and Sanchez drilled completions to Royce Pollard, Patrick Turner and Eron Riley. He went 3-for-4 in the drill.
- Tebow OK with Rex’s bleeps
CORTLAND, N.Y. — When Tim Tebow was traded to the Jets, he was asked how he’d handle Rex Ryan’s famously salty vocabulary. (See: “Hard Knocks,” 2010.) Because of Tebow’s strong religious beliefs, some people actually thought it could be an issue. Not kidding.
On Tuesday, Tebow got to hear some vintage Ryan, as the coach delivered a profanity-laced tirade to the team after two practice scuffles.
And Tebow was cool with it.
“Coach Ryan gets intense every now and then,” Tebow said Wednesday.
- News and Notes From Jets Training Camp: August 8th
With SO much going on in the past few days in Jets-land, it’s been difficult to sort out what is actually important, relevant football news, and what is sensationalist nonsense. Here’s your one stop shop for the top headlines: The team released the first preseason depth chart on Tuesday night. You can view the initial [...]
- Green & White Highlights
Relive the Excitement at SUNY Cortland
- Jetting in Cortland: 8/8
DeVito Back in the Base, But Coples Will See Plenty of Action