Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links June 18, 2012
Post Header Text
- LT thanks Jets, will keep tattoo
Former Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson, who returned to San Diego Monday to sign a ceremonial, one-day contract so he could retire a Charger, thanked Jets owner Woody Johnson and the organization during his televised retirement speech.
Tomlinson said he enjoyed “two great years in New York of chasing the dream, chasing that Super Bowl trophy.”
The Jets will remain part of Tomlinson — literally. The Jets-logo tattoo on his right calf, which he got soon after signing with the team, will remain.
- Jets officials react to LT retirement
The Jets released a statement on the retirement of LaDainian Tomlinson, with team officials reflecting on his two years with the team.
OWNER WOODY JOHNSON:
“People and players like LaDainian Tomlinson don’t come around very often, if at all. His humility and work ethic made it clear why he will be remembered as one of the game’s best players. Without question, his next stop will be the Pro Football Hall of Fame.”
GM MIKE TANNENBAUM:
“During my time around LaDainian, he never took one day for granted when it came to any aspect of his performance.
- LaDainian Tomlinson Tribute
LT’s Historic Run Ended with the Jets
- The New York Jets Are The Second Best Team In The AFC East
A case against Buffalo being ranked as the second best team in the AFC East
- Rex Ryan: Oscar contender?
Future movie star and Jets coach Rex Ryan makes his film debut in Adam Sandler’s new movie “That’s My Boy,” which hits theatres Friday June 15th.
- Take 5: Biggest trouble spots on roster
This is our fourth “Take Five” list. From now until training camp, we’ll have periodic lists — some serious, some not-so-serious. Here, we examine potential trouble spots on the Jets’ roster:
1. Blocking tight end. Honestly, did you ever think we’d be wondering how the Jets will replace Matthew Mulligan? Right now, they don’t have a pure blocking tight end on the roster. The No. 2 is Jeff Cumberland, a former college wide receiver with limited blocking skills.
- The Jets will Officially Pass on a Braylon Edwards Return
- "I got a feeling…"
It would appear the Jets went to school on how the Giants beat the Pats in the Super Bowl with the three receivers set. So they went out and got their own Victor Cruz in the name of Stephen Hill (Salsa dancing and all).