Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links June 13, 2012
Post Header Text
- Rex yuks it up with Adam Sandler
Getty ImagesTo promote his new movie, “That’s My Boy,” actor Adam Sandler participated in a conference call Wednesday with Rex Ryan, who plays a cheesy Boston lawyer in the raunchy comedy.
For those not familiar with the storyline, Ryan is a huge Patriots fan who keeps a Bill Belichick bobblehead on his desk and a Tom Brady poster on his office wall. His character is Jim Nance, named after the former Patriots running back from the 1960s. All told, Ryan appears in three scenes in his big-screen debut.
- Day 2: Minicamp observations
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Thoughts and observations from the second day of the Jets’ mandatory minicamp:
1. I’m not going to say the absence of WRs Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill (both out with hamstring injuries) will retard the development of the offense — it’s too early to panic — but it shouldn’t be dismissed, either. Because of the new CBA, which cuts back on off-season practice time, there’s a premium on practice reps. For the Jets, the reps are doubly important because they’re trying to master a new system.
- Holmes dodges reporters
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — There’s no way to couch this; Santonio Holmes doesn’t like talking to the media. He’s never come out and said it directly, but actions sometimes speak louder than words.
#10 WRNew York Jets
The Jets wide receiver — who said he was a new man this season — seemed a lot like the old Holmes when he stood up reporters on Wednesday.
- Tebow responds to Bruschi criticism
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi says Tim Tebow spends too much time talking to the media for a backup quarterback. Tebow responded Wednesday by not saying a whole lot.
“To be honest, I just do what I’m told and, on this day, I’m told to talk to you — so I’m talking to you,” Tebow told reporters at minicamp. “I don’t get paid enough to make all those decisions. I just do what I’m told … That’s something you’d figure (Bruschi) would understand.
- Young Receivers Look Up to Santonio Holmes
Florham Park, N.J.- Ask your average football fan what they think of Santonio Holmes and you’re likely to hear a long list of negative adjectives. They might say he’s selfish, a diva and or a headache, but ask his fellow receivers on his team and you’ll get an entirely different answer, one that might lead [...]
- New York Jets: Sorting Through Rex-Talk
TOJ sorts through Rex Ryan’s praise for any and everything related to the New York Jets
- TOJ New York Jets Beat Writer Power Rankings – June 13th
Turn On The Jets weekly ranking of the New York Jets beat writers
- Jets clarify remarks on Tebow’s role
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — The Jets don’t want a quarterback controversy. It’s a sensitive subject. Consider what happened Wednesday.
Rex Ryan, responding to a question on whether Tim Tebow would get first-team reps in training camp and the preseason, said he could see that happening.
“We’ll see,” the coach said. “I would think there may be a time when he does that, but right now he’ll be with the twos.”
That’s not exactly a bombshell statement — after all, every No.
- 6/13 Coach Ryan Minicamp News Conference
Coach Rex Ryan discusses the second day of 2012 Minicamp
- LIVE: Jets Minicamp 6/13 Coverage
- NFL for Her: Behind the Scenes
Behind the Scenes of the 2012 NFL for Her photo shoot with Suzanne Johnson.
- Minicamp Show: Muhammad Wilkerson
“Big Mo” Making Noise at Camp
- Minicamp Show: Tony Sparano
Jets OC Impressed with Sanchez’s Progress
- Jets Minicamp Photos from Day 1 – June 12th
- Revis Wants a Sit Down
- Jets announce training-camp dates
As expected, the Jets will report to training camp in Cortland, N.Y., on July 26, the team announced Wednesday.
The team didn’t provide a full camp schedule, only a few key dates. The first open practice is July 28, the annual Hofstra practice is Aug. 21 and two practices in Florham Park, N.J., are open to the public — Aug. 23 and 24.
- Minicamp observations: Different look on D
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Thoughts and observations on Day 1 of the Jets’ three-day minicamp:
1. I think the 4-3 front will be a bigger part of the defense this season than people expect. Calvin Pace said they’ve used more 4-3 than in any previous offseason under Rex Ryan. They have the depth up front to use a four-man line, especially with the addition of No. 1 Quinton Coples. That they don’t have four healthy, proven linebackers also is a reason they’re using so much 4-3.
- Minicamp Show: David Harris
New Dad Talks About Depth on D
- B.T. rehabbing from shoulder surgery, too
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Bryan Thomas underwent season-ending surgery last October for a torn Achilles’ tendon. Turns out he also had shoulder surgery in January to repair a torn labrum and torn biceps.
Funny, but the Jets never mentioned it until Tuesday, when Rex Ryan made a passing reference to Thomas rehabbing from the same kind of surgery as G Matt Slauson, who underwent major shoulder surgery in January.
Thomas told the Star-Ledger of Newark his labrum had been torn for three years.
- QB scorecard: Another lackluster day
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow received effusive praise from their coaches, but both quarterbacks were uneven Tuesday on the field as the Jets opened a three-day minicamp.
#6 QBNew York Jets
Working with a patchwork receiving corps, Sanchez and Tebow struggled to find open receivers, sometimes resulting in “sacks” and hurried throws. It wasn’t pretty, but, remember, they’re learning a new offense.
- Minicamp Show: Yeremiah Bell
Veteran Safety Fitting in Well
- NBA Finals Preview: Why We Love Sports
Turn On The Jets previews the NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and Oklahoma City Thunder
- Rex Ryan Rearranges Schedule For More Film Study
Florham Park, N.J.- Before the day even began the reporters gathered to cover the mini-camp practice were hit with a surprising change. Over the past few years the media that covers the Jets have gotten used to watching practice before talking to the players and coaches, but that all changed this morning when the reporters [...]
- Players vote Tebow No. 2 weightlifter
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Rex Ryan gushed last week about Tim Tebow’s exploits in the weight room. Tebow’s teammates also think he’s pretty impressive.
The players voted for the top weightlifter of the offseason, and Tebow finished second on the offense. The top four, in order: TE Dustin Keller, Tebow, OL Vladimir Ducasse and G Matt Slauson. Not a bad showing for Slauson, considering he’s coming off major shoulder surgery.
QB Mark Sanchez didn’t make the top four, but he received praise from offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.
- Day One of Jets Minicamp (CliffNotes Style)
I’ve you’ve been following Twitter at all today, then you already know that the first day of mandatory minicamp kicked off this morning. You’ll probably be happy to hear that I am not going to provide a play-by-play of what happened today. (But you can find that on Jetstwit.com, from the amazing Erik Manassy). Instead, [...]
- Turn On The Jets Stock Watch 6/12: Jets, NFL Over/Unders, Tebow
Mike Donnelly gives us his weekly stock report. Who should you be buying or selling this week?
- 6/12 Coach Ryan Minicamp News Conference
Coach Rex Ryan discusses the start of 2012 Minicamp
- What I think…. First Day ~ Rex Changing ~ Not Fair
- New York Jets: Wise To Wait On Keller Extension
Chris Gross explains why the New York Jets should hold off on giving tight end Dustin Keller a contract extension
- LIVE: Jets Minicamp 6/12 Coverage
- New York Jets: What To Look For At Mini-Camp
Turn On The Jets takes a closer look at the top storylines heading into the New York Jets 3 day mini-camp
- Monday Mailbag: Team History, Status of Offensive Line And A Little Nonsense
I gave the mailbag a rest for a bit as it’s been a little slow and people were a little Tebow’d and Revis’d out. But, after a two-week hiatus, I figured it was time to bring it back. Thanks for the great questions, as always. A few sillier ones this week, which I always enjoy. Life [...]