Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links June 8, 2012
Post Header Text
- Turn On The Jets 12 Pack – The Other Guys
TOJ shines the light on 12 New York Jets who haven’t received much attention this off-season
- Take 5: Bryan Thomas’ favorite memories
This is our third “Take Five” list. From now until training camp, we’ll have periodic lists — some serious, some not-so-serious. In this one, we ask Bryan Thomas — the longest-tenured Jet — to provide his top five memories. Thomas, a first-round pick in 2002, celebrated his 33rd birthday Thursday. Naturally, he was razzed by teammates, one of whom taped a homemade card inside his locker congratulating him on his “38th” birthday.
Here’s BT’s top five:
- Tebow is ‘crazy strong’ in weight room
“Let me give you a little story about Tim,” Rex Ryan said Thursday.
Of course, there’s no such thing as a little story when it comes to Tim Tebow, but let’s roll with it. Ryan said he witnessed his backup QB outperform an offensive lineman in the weight room.
Actually, it was a challenge, the unnamed lineman approaching Tebow with a contest proposal: Let’s see who can keep their arms extended, holding sledgehammer weights, the longest amount of time.
- Jets’ June 7th OTA Pictures
- What I think …. Jets Quick Hits 6/7 – OTA Champs; Holmes Flying West; Tebow – BEASTMODE
- Josh Brown’s Preparation hopes to create Separation
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — For newly acquired kicker Josh Brown, winning the starting kicker position over friend and fellow competitor in Nick Folk is business, nothing personal.
“This business is not for the weary or the faint of heart. This is to win and win alone,” Brown said. “Nick is going to get my best shot [...]
- OTA observations: A work in progress
Some quick takes on the ninth and final OTA practice:
1. This practice served as a sobering reminder that learning a new offense isn’t an overnight process. To be kind, it was ugly. In team drills, the offense ran seven pass plays before it completed a ball. The Jets have a basic grasp of Tony Sparano’s system, but it takes more than that to handle a Rex Ryan-coached defense. This practice was devoted to third down, traditionally when Ryan’s defense is at its best.
- WR Hill tweaks hamstring, misses OTA
Rookie wide receiver Stephen Hill, a likely starter, sat out Thursday’s OTA practice with a “lot of tightness” in his right hamstring, he said.
Hill said it happened Tuesday. He downplayed the severity, saying he expects to participate in next week’s mandatory minicamp.
The second-round pick from Georgia Tech got off to a fast start, impressing with his size and ability to stretch a defense. Because of his lack of experience in a pro-style offense, he can’t afford to miss too much time.
- Revis and contract? Status quo
Another week, another question posed to Darrelle Revis about his contract. Revis was at the Jets’ final OTA of the offseason, and was asked if anything has changed regarding his contract situation.
“I have no comment on my contract,” Revis said. “I’m just here working.”
Last week, Revis backed away from an opportunity to reassure fans he would be at training camp this season. Two years ago, he held out of training camp, as documented by the “Hard Knocks” cameras.
- Tim Tebow all in for ‘Jets West’
Both Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow laughed off the idea that Tebow wouldn’t get the invite to “Jets West” because of the much-hyped quarterback competition between them. Sanchez invited Tebow, just like he invited all the other quarterbacks and position players, and Tebow accepted.
“I think we just have a great relationship and I think we both want to get better as football players, as quarterbacks and find a way to help this team win football games and that is what it’s about,” Tebow said.
- How’d the QBs do? Don’t ask
The Jets are learning a new offense — and it showed Thursday.
The first and second units were dominated by the defense, which unleashed an array of blitzes. Mind you, this was a practice devoted to third down, including many third-and-long situations — and it got ugly.
The unofficial QB stats:
Mark Sanchez — 4-for-12, including two interceptions, two throwaways and two miscommunications with WR Santonio Holmes. He was intercepted by CB Kyle Wilson on a pass over the middle and by S Yeremiah Bell on a throw that deflected off TE Dustin Keller.
- Holmes Returns From Germany, Eases Back Into Practice
Florham Park, N.J.- Santonio Holmes missed the last few weeks of OTAs as he was doing charity work with the same people he worked with during his Pros for Africa trip last year. This year Holmes spent his time at the Ramstein Air Force base in Germany getting to know soldiers and veterans that have [...]
- Sanchez: "It Was a Great 9 Practices"
No. 6 Upbeat After OTAs
- Tebow Understanding His Role
QB Getting More Comfortable Every Day
- 6/7 Coach Ryan OTA News Conference
Coach Rex Ryan discusses the third and final week of 2012 OTA’s
- Jets Headlines: Holmes to Attend Jets West, Braylon Given Thumbs Up and Nuggets from OTAs
A few notes of significance from Jets land this week (I only mention Tebow once!): Santonio Holmes to Attend Jets West >> WR Santonio Holmes will attend “Jets West” this summer, per his Twitter. Obviously, this is a far bigger deal than Tebow attending, as Holmes and Mark need to continue to build their on and off [...]
- Curtis Martin: Countdown to Canton
Curtis Martin, 2012 HOF Inductee, Hopes Canton is Filled with Green Jerseys and Jets Fans
- New York Jets Fact Or False: Defensive Line Edition
This week’s edition of New York Jets Fact Or False. Chris Gross on what to expect from a revamped Defensive Line this season.
- New York Jets: Six Pack Of Special Teams Observations
Six observations about the New York Jets special teams
- NY Jets Flight Crew en Velauno tv, Puerto Rico 201
Velauno tv presenta: New York Jets, Cheeerleaders, disfrutando del Paddleboarding en la Laguna de Condado, San Juan Puerto Rico.
- LIVE: Jets OTA 6/7 Coverage
- Tim Tebow and Chipper Jones to Open a D1 Sports Training Facility in Orlando
- Aaron Glenn returns to Jets as a scout
Aaron Glenn, one of the best defensive backs in Jets history, is returning to the team as a personnel scout. Most recently, Glenn worked as the general manager of the Houston Stallions, an Arena League team.
Glenn, a successful businessman in the Houston area, was the Jets’ No. 1 draft pick in 1994. He played eight seasons with the Jets before going to the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft. He didn’t retire until he was 36, culminating a 15-year career with five teams.
- Woody says defense is ‘loaded’
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Jets owner Woody Johnson spoke to a handful of reporters Wednesday outside one of the luxury suites at MetLife Stadium, where he was honored for his contributions to Daytop New Jersey, a drug rehab center for teens and young adults.
Some leftovers from the Q & A:
Johnson loves the potential on defense: “If you see our defense, you have to be amazed. We’re loaded on defense and the offense will be good, too.”
On whether there’s additional pressure on Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum in 2012: “I don’t think there’s additional pressure.
- Owner mum on Darrelle’s contract
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Maintaining the organization’s non-confrontational stance regarding Darrelle Revis’ contract situation, Jets owner Woody Johnson sidestepped questions Wednesday night, refusing to say if they’re willing to renegotiate the star cornerback’s deal.
“I expect Revis to be playing for us in 2012,” Johnson told reporters at MetLife Stadium, where he was honored by Daytop New Jersey, a substance-abuse treatment center for teens and young adults.
- TOJ New York Jets Beat Writer Power Rankings – June 6th
Turn On The Jets weekly ranking of the beat writers who cover the New York Jets
- Revis Tells Fan on Twitter to “SHUT UP”
- What I think …. Jets Quick Hits 6/6 – Revis’ Purple Book; Osi Spewing; Making fun
- Turn On The Jets Stock Watch: Jets, NBA, Mets, and Mad Men
Mike Donnelly gives us his weekly Stock Watch. Who is he buying and selling this week?
- New York Jets: The Other Off-Season Of Santonio Holmes
Regardless of the New York media’s portrayal, Santonio Holmes had an off-season to be proud of
- Jets Headlines: Jets West, Open OTAs and a Bad Report Card
Mercifully, things have been pretty quiet in Jets land. Here are some of the top headlines: I know everyone loves James Walker as much as I do, so let’s check out what Walker gave the Jets in his AFC East offseason report card. I can’t wait to hear what you all have to say about [...]
- Video: Rex Ryan Playing QB at Eric Mangini’s Camp
- New York Jets’ Owner Wife, Suzanne Johnson, Enters the Twittersphere
- A Memorable 9th Taste for the Jets
Green & White Fight Hunger at Cipriani Wall Street
- Jets Open 2 Mini-Camps to the Public June 13th & 14th
- Jets West Camp Is About Sanchez, Not Tebow
The buzz surrounding Jets West Camp should be about Mark Sanchez’s leadership, not Tim Tebow’s attendance
- What I think …. Jets Quick Hits 6/4 – No Tebow!; My Wife 1st; Still Buzzin’