Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links June 1, 2012
Post Header Text
- Turn On The Jets 12 Pack: Reasons For Optimism
The Turn On The Jets 12 pack looks at reasons to be optimistic for the upcoming season
- WR White out two months after foot surgery
Unsigned rookie WR Jordan White, a seventh-round pick whose college career was plagued with injuries, fractured the fifth metatarsal in his left foot in the first OTA practice and underwent surgery, the Jets announced Friday.
White’s “estimated return” is around training camp in late July, according to the team.
White dropped in the draft because of major durability questions and, sure enough, he went down on May 21, the first OTA.
He underwent surgery two days later, the team said.
- Chat recap: Revis contract issue a hot topic
We just wrapped up another Jets chat session and — surprise — the conversation wasn’t dominated by Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow questions. Among the highlights:
1. Darrelle Revis’ contract situation. Is Revis on an island here? Judging from the reaction, Jets fans aren’t too happy with their best player, who said Thursday he may or may not show up for the start of training camp. Some fans even mentioned the ‘T’ word — trade. Would the Jets trade Revis?
- Everyone is Talking About What Darrelle Revis Doesn’t Want to Talk About
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives…*. All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis was asked yet again about his contract situation yesterday, and as has been the case with every single interview regarding his contract, Revis declined to say whether or not he was planning to hold out of training camp. Word on [...]
- A Closer Look At The New York Jets 46 Defense
A closer look at what roles individual players will play in the New York Jets 46 defense
- Reflections on Hard Knocks
Now that the Dolphins are officially the “Hard Knocks” team, NFL fans won’t be able to settle in to watch the Jets for an hour each week with their popcorn, or as Rex Ryan famously said, a g**d*** snack.
“We’ve already seen that movie,” said linebacker Bart Scott.
Still, Scott and other Jets said being the subject of the most recent “Hard Knocks” in 2010 was a good experience, and Scott even said it benefited the team when it came to attracting free agents.
- NBA Playoffs: Beards, Rings and Old Legs
Justin Fritze breaks down what we have learned so far in the NBA Conference Finals
- What I think …. Jets Quick Hits 6/1 – Mangold says no; Revis II; What the Hell
- New York Jets OTA Pictures for 5/31 by AP
- Jets sign third-round LB Davis
The Jets signed third-round pick Demario Davis, a linebacker from Arkansas State, a source confirmed Thursday night. He signed a four-year contract for about $2.8 million.
Davis, the 77th overall pick, could contribute immediately in sub packages on passing downs. The Jets’ only unsigned pick is seventh-round WR Jordan White, who missed Thursday’s OTA practice with a foot injury.
The Daily News reported the Davis signing.
- Revis may ditch training camp
- Jets Sign LB Demario Davis, TE Lloyd
According to the New York Daily News, the Jets have (finally) signed this year’s third round pick, linebacker Demario Davis. Per the Daily News, Davis was signed to a four-year deal. Newsday beat writer Kimberley Martin revealed that Davis’ deal is worth around $2.9 million, with workout and signing bonuses totaling approximately $720,000. The team [...]
- Video: Rex’s take on Tebow
- OTA observations: Coples, Hill shine
Thoughts on the Jets’ second OTA session open to the media:
1. For those who need their quarterback fix, here you go: Mark Sanchez was 7-for-14 in team drills, including an unsuccessful two-minute drill at the end of practice. Tim Tebow was 1-for-4, including a 50-yard bomb to WR Stephen Hill. Neither quarterback had an interception. In 7-on-7 drills (in the red zone), Sanchez was 5-for-6, with two TDs; Tebow was 4-for-5, with one TD. The bottom line is, neither quarterback shined.
- Holmes, Landry absent at OTAs
WR Santonio Holmes missed his fourth straight OTA practice Thursday because he still was on a good-will trip to Germany to meet with U.S. troops, according to the Jets. Holmes left last Thursday for Germany.
S LaRon Landry, a key free-agent acquisition, has missed all six OTA sessions. In his case, the Jets didn’t offer an explanation, except to emphasize that the workouts are voluntary. Landry still is rehabbing an Achilles-tendon injury from last season, so that explains why he can’t participate on the field.
- Rex: Sanchez has ‘all the answers’
Neither Mark Sanchez nor Tim Tebow had an exceptional day on the field Thursday, the second OTA session open to the media, but Sanchez continued to light it up in the classroom, according to Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano.
Both coaches praised Sanchez’s work ethic and ability to learn the new offense. In fact, Sparano called him the hardest-working player on offense, which he expects from his starting QB. Ryan said Sanchez exudes leadership in the classroom, claiming that Tebow’s larger-than-life presence has had no negative impact on his No.
- Defensive Line Personnel Offers Versatility
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Versatile. It’s one of the best compliments that can be handed out to a player. If you ask a coach what they look for in a player, you’ll usually hear that word used multiple times. Looking ahead to the 2012 season, head coach Rex Ryan has a defensive line that is [...]
- Ryan wants Mangold to go to London
Rex Ryan is going to try to change Nick Mangold’s mind.
Initially, the Jets coach gave the center permission to go to London and watch his sister Holley compete in the Olympics for the U.S. weightlifting team. He approached Mangold with a simple message.
“Hey, look I know how important this season is, this game is, our football team is,” Ryan said, “but there’s other things that are equally as important, maybe more important in the big-picture thing.
- New York Jets: Davis and Maybin X-Factors At Linebacker
Demario Davis and Aaron Maybin have the skill set to be x-factors on the Jets defense this season
- 5/31 Coach Sparano OTA News Conference
Coach Tony Sparano discusses the second week of 2012 OTA’s
- NFLN: Jets to build accountability in locker room
Kimberly Jones gives an update on the extra measures the Jets are taking to get back into Super Bowl contention.
- Madbacker Setting the Tone at OTAs
Bart’s Light on His Toes & The Trademark Bark is Back
- What I think …. Jets Quick Hits 5/31 – OTAs, Circus IS in Town, Who’s Out
- 5/31 Coach Ryan OTA News Conference
Coach Rex Ryan discusses the second week of 2012 OTA’s
- Extra Weight Won’t Slow Down Aaron Maybin
Florham Park, N.J.- One the biggest weaknesses of the Jets defense last season was the lack of team speed, causing the Jets to implement a team-wide offseason plan to lose weight and gain speed over the offseason, but as with every rule there will always be exceptions.
Aaron Maybin has had trouble keeping his weight up [...]
- Nick Mangold Answers Lolo Jones Question about Tim Tebow with a T-Shirt
- Jets Sign Two OTs, What Does it Mean for Hunter?
I’m not late to the party, I am just late to the posting. On Tuesday, the Jets announced the signing of offensive tackles Stephon Heyer and Ray Willis. Stephen Heyer was drafted by the Washington Redskins in 2007. He played four seasons in Washington before joining the Oakland Raiders as an UFA in 2011. Heyer also provides [...]
- Revis Peeved as he Addresses the Media about “Getting Ready for the Season”
- NBA Draft Lottery: Winners, Losers, and Billy King
Mike Donnelly breaks down the winners and losers from last night’s NBA Draft Lottery and ponders how Billy King still finds work
- Jets 5/31 OTA Pictures by the Media
- New York Jets Fact Or False: Passing Game Edition
Chris Gross weekly Fact or False looks at the New York Jets passing game
- LIVE: Jets OTA 5/31 Coverage
- Why Do You Hate The Jets? AFC South Edition
In our latest edition of Why Do You Hate The Jets? we examine the AFC South to see who, if anyone, has the unconditional right to look down upon the Jets. Spoiler Alert: not one team in this division holds such an honor. Here’s why: Just Shut Up Jacksonville Jaguars – Other than the fact that [...]
- 2012 Walk With Us to Cure Lupus
ALR Walk at MetLife Stadium on 5/12/12.
- Jets’ Tim Tebow the Boxer?
- New York Jets: Unconventional Approach At Safety
The New York Jets have taken an unconventional approach to solving their issues at safety
- Why Curtis Martin Was A No Brainer For The Hall Of Fame
Mike Donnelly disputes any argument that Curtis Martin didn’t deserve to be inducted into the Hall of Fame
- What I think …. Jets Quick Hits 5/30 – Soft Knocks; Finally; Pass Direction
- Picture: Tim Tebow to Appear in EA Sports NCAA Football 13′
- New York Jets Passing Offense: Tony and ‘Tone
How will Santonio Holmes fit into Tony Sparano’s offense?
- Deconstructing the Defense with Mike Pettine
Pettine Says Atmosphere in FP is “Light Years Away” than Last Year
- NFLN: Jets to use famed 46 defense in 2012
Bucky Brooks and Matt “Money” Smith break down if Rex Ryan’s decision to use more of his father’s famed “46″ defense this season could work.
- Jets Rumor Patrol: Visanthe Shiancoe
At this point, it’s pretty likely you’ve heard the reports about the Jets alleged interest in Vikings free agent tight end Visanthe Shiancoe. I haven’t spent a whole lot of time analyzing the Shaince rumors, mostly because I felt the majority of it was speculative. However, it seems the interest has been somewhat substantiated, with an emhpasis [...]
- SNY: Quinton Coples Draft Day Interview
Quinton Coples discusses being drafted 16th overall by the New York Jets.