Today’s Jets Twit Directory Links August 13, 2014
Post Header Text
- Rex Press Conference: Training Camp Day 16
- New York Jets Playbook – Breaking In The New Personnel
Joe Caporoso breaks down a few intriguing personnel groups and formations the New York Jets used against the Colts
- Practice report: Say goodbye to Cortland
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Takeaways from the New York Jets’ final open practice in Cortland:
Light and wet: After several days in pads, the Jets went to “shells” for what amounted to a glorified walk-through. In a light rain, they focused on game prep, with the first and second teams running plays at three-quarters speed against the scout teams. They face the Cincinnati Bengals Saturday night. The Jets will remain in Cortland until Thursday, breaking camp after a closed walk-through.
- Jets’ Jeff Cumberland (Achilles) misses practice, Rex Ryan expects him to play vs. Bengals
Ryan has emphasized that this is not a serious injury.
- WATCH: Jets do ALS ice bucket challenge, nominate Chris Christie, Mets, Yankees, Seahawks, Browns
They even used a fire hose.
- After Jets’ ALS ice bucket challenge, Rex Ryan jokes about punching Mike Pettine in face
Ryan also nominated Pettine and the Browns in the challenge.
- WATCH: Jimmy Fallon nominates the Jets for ALS ice bucket challenge
The Tonight Show host did it during his program Tuesday night.
- N.J. Sports Now: Is Donovan McNabb right about Jets QB situation? (VIDEO)
McNabb, despite overwhelming and long-term success in the NFL, isn’t an astute analyst or one of the best quotes in the business. In this case, however, he’s completely correct and speaking from experience.
- Michael Vick: Ray Rice needs ‘to make amends’ for what he’s done
“You’ve got to continue to make amends,” Vick advised.
- Jets don’t panic during corner crisis
- 4 things to look for on Day 17 of Jets camp
Looks like better weather’s in store for the Jets’ last public practice at SUNY Cortland.
- Donovan McNabb rips Jets for trying Michael Vick in ‘garbage’ Wildcat like with the Tim Tebow debacle
The former Eagles quarterback knows what it’s like to have Vick as a change of pace QB.
- Jason Babin: ‘Rushing the Passer is My Passion’
New Linebacker Talks with Eric Allen on Jets Talk LIVE
- JTL: Jets OC has ‘Tremendous Respect’ for Vick
Marty Mornhinweg Joins Eric Allen on Jets Talk LIVE & Delivers a QB Progress Report
- Jets wake-up call: Day 21
CORTLAND, N.Y. — The New York Jets will conduct their final open practice in Cortland, starting at 10 a.m. ET. With the next summer’s training-camp destination up in the air, this could be their last practice ever in Cortland.
After several days in pads, the players will be in “shells,” meaning it probably will be a light workout. Storylines we’ll be following:
Michael Vick’s rebound. In the wind and rain, Vick suffered one of his worst practices in camp on Tuesday.
- Jets Fans Hammer Idzik For Playing It Safe
The criticism of Jets general manager John Idzik from the mainstream media and Jets fans alike has been on overdrive since gang green lost Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle to injury during training camp this past weekend. Milliner, the Jets top cover man will be out for an undisclosed time frame due to what is […]
- Fantasy Football Updated Top 150
Here is my last updated top 150 for the next two weeks as I will be away on vacation. As always this changes on a weekly basis based on preseason games and assorted reports I read. I am on the wait for a QB train but not on the wait for a RB, it gets […]
- Breaking Down The CB Situation
It’s been a rough week for Jet fans, as two of the teams top cornerbacks, Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle, suffered serious injuries: Dexter McDougle Tears ACL Dexter McDougle & Dee Milliner Recovery Times This news has left many members of JetNation wondering who will step up to fill the void left in the defensive backfield. […]
- Rex: ‘We’re a Better Football Team’
- Rex Ryan: Allen Is a ‘Young Player Ascending’
- WATCH: Jets owner Woody Johnson pours ice water over his head for ALS awareness
NFL owners maybe aren’t the most ideal participants, though.
- Jets camp report: Day 20
CORTLAND, N.Y. — A daily review of the hot topics from New York Jets training camp:
It was a rough day for wide receiver Stephen Hill, who dropped two passes in wet and windy conditions. Hill has been all over the map in camp, ranging from spectacular to skittish. It’ll be interesting to see his role in the regular season. Right now, he’s their fourth-best receiver, behind Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley and David Nelson. Hill received public support from Geno Smith, who said, “Stephen had some drops, but I’m not going to get down on him.
- 7 observations from Day 16 of Jets camp, as weather provides teaching points and Stephen Hill struggles
Stephen Hill had a tough time securing catches in the wet conditions.
- Michael Vick vs. Geno Smith: Day 16 breakdown, when there was rain, drops
On a windy, rainy day, a better day for Smith than for Vick.
- Jets’ Antonio Allen on transition to cornerback: ‘It’s tough out there on the island’
Allen on Tuesday experience his second day at cornerback.
- Geno Smith Stands Out in the Rain
Rex Ryan Impressed with his Young QB’s Ability to Play in the Elements
- Rex Press Conference: Training Camp Day 15
- Mornhinweg: ‘Mike Is a Unique Player’
Vick Provides Wildcat Options
- Geno Smith to start against Bengals
CORTLAND, N.Y. — Geno Smith has taken 63 of 75 first-team reps this week at quarterback, so it came as no surprise Tuesday when Rex Ryan acknowledged that Smith will start Saturday night when the New York Jets face the Cincinnati Bengals.
The handwriting on the wall is bold and defined. It’s only a matter of time — maybe days — before Smith is named the permanent starter. Only an injury or an epic meltdown could derail him. He could lock it up with a strong showing against the Bengals.
- Why might Jets improve road record this year? ‘We’re a better team,’ says Rex Ryan
It’s that simple, according to the Jets’ coach.
- Jets’ Calvin Pryor returns to first-team action with ‘a little love tap’ hit, knocking Saalim Hakim to ground
The Jets will play Pryor with the first-team defense in Saturday’s preseason game at the Bengals.