Former Jets Teammates React to Brad Smith Signing with Bills

Former Jets Teammates React to Brad Smith Signing with Bills

Brad Smith made it official on Thursday signing with division rival the Buffalo Bills.  There were rumors floating around that he wasn’t gong to be a Jet and today it proved correct.  Let’ s put it this way, the Jets didn’t even make an attempt to sign him!

I think this is going to be a big loss for the Jets as he was a fan favorite but also very dynamic “Triple Threat” on the field.Brad’s former teammates were on twitter reacting to the news:

emanuelcook27
Congrats to @realbradsmith on his new deal. Great player and a great guy.
7/28/11 3:04 PM
RealBradSmith
@emanuelcook27 Much love bro!! Thanks! Pleasure playing with you
7/28/11 3:24 PM
emanuelcook27
@RealBradSmith you’re welcome bro and likewise!
7/28/11 3:29 PM

JWesterman55
Congrats @RealBradSmith great player but a better person.
7/28/11 3:10 PM
RealBradSmith
@JWesterman55 thanks my brother! Much love!
7/28/11 3:25 PM

damienwoody
Congrats to @RealBradSmith on your deal. Great player & even better person!!
7/28/11 3:10 PM
RealBradSmith
@damienwoody thanks bro!! I appreciate you my friend
7/28/11 3:25 PM

quice
@RealBradSmith Congrats Bradford!!!! Fair catch all kick-offs against us!!!! Hahaha
7/28/11 3:42 PM
RealBradSmith
@quice Lol! Man. Preciate it bro. Like you can do on madden!! Lol!!
7/28/11 3:51 PM

There goes the first Twitter account casualty.  @RealBradSmith JUST joined twitter this offseason, so from a twitter perspective, we hardly knew ya!  Maybe the writing was on the wall when he took this photo-shoot for his web site clearly NOT wearing any green.

I understand the business side, and I’m glad that Brad got a big pay day today.  He deserves it, but I’ll be rooting against you when you play the Jets naturally.

• julius colon

Brad who ???  I forgot him already =)  J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• Provosty

Gonna miss you he could play numerous positions an do it well

• http://www.jetstwit.com/ Erik Manassy

So what is your reaction to Brad signing with the Bills?  Come on in and post it here!

• Provosty

rather see you on buffalo then on those bum azz patriots…

• http://www.jetstwit.com/ Erik Manassy

Yeah I agree… He makes the Bills so much better, but if he was on the Pats, that would have KILLED me.

• Nyjets1969

I think the change in the kickoff rules didnt help brads chances for getting resigned

• http://www.jetstwit.com/ Erik Manassy

I think you are right… So who returns?

• Nyjets1969

Kerley, Mckight possibly leonard

• Newyorkjetsoverthepond

I’m gutted, Brads an awesome player. But he deserves a big contract and I wish him well. Thanks for the memories